Friday, November 21, 2008

Sew Fun

Can you believe that this cute set came from a pair of woman's socks. Grandma Susan and I went to the Mother's Group at Full Bloom today. While there we sat next to another mommy who had made the cutest legwarmers for her son. We asked her how she did it and she said she downsized a pair of woman's knee high socks.

Guess what? It worked. In addition, grandma came up with the great idea to make her a matching hat using the bottom half of the socks. It is hard to tell from the picture but her shirt is a Christmas one saying Silent Night, Yeah Right.
With grandma here. I am hoping to learn to make a few more things. We went out and bought some materials to make a flannel blanket. I guess there is a reason that the old sewing machine never left...I was meant to use it.While our goal was to make leg warmers we decided to add feet to them as it is so cold right now. (Grandma used the heel of the sock for the feet part.)

No comments: